How To Create More Customers Through Click Tracking, Heat Mapping and Giving Life To Dead Clicks
The top of your website’s homepage is the most valuable real estate of your website. All too often we find websites that are filling the majority of their above the “fold” real estate for ineffective pictures, boring copy and untested discounts and specials.
Users are visiting your website for different reasons but mostly they want MORE information. They have a definite problem that your business will help them solve.
People click images and copy on your website.
Whether it is a graphic, banner, copy, etc on your website to promote your service or business, users expect this image and copy to link to a relevant page within your website.
Think now about your own website…
How many of your images are un-clickable?
How much of your copy leads to nowhere?
When your audience clicks, and nothing happens, we call that a DEAD CLICK!
Giving new life to these dead clicks will ultimately engage your visitor more and create more “stickiness” on your site. Why then, you’re asking, is it important to have a sticky site?
The answer is pretty simple here folks, the longer a visitor is on your site, the higher the chance they will ultimately whip out their wallet and spend some money.
Also, we’re going to let you in on a dirty secret here known only to the elite (some would call lazy) marketers.
Rather than painstakingly analyzing click paths of each visitor, we leverage software to handle the heavy lifting.
Our software will track a number of different metrics including clicks and where people click.
– Scroll Tracking- how far down users will scroll on your page (50% won’t go past the fold!)
– Time on Page- how long visitors stay on your page
– Bounce Rate- most people are confused at what Bounce Rate is. Here’s the skinny, Bounce Rate doesn’t have anything to do with how long somebody stays on your site. It relates to the volume of visitors that don’t make it past your homepage. Hope that clears the air.
What’s more, if your website takes more than 3 seconds to load, you just lost 7 of the 10 visitors that were looking for your service and are most likely now checking out your competitor (bastards).
Avoid the deadly mistake of a slow website by paying attention and optimizing the following:
– Your server- needs to be FAST. If it’s not, move to one that is. The End.
– Website files- compress them. Don’t know how? Find someone that does.
– Nix the big images- having full screen images in uber high resolution takes f.o.r.e.v.e.r. to load. If you must have full screen images, be sure to lower the resolution.
That said, Google provides a plethora of FREE tools that are readily at your disposal for page speed load time.
Check out Google Webmaster Page Speed Tools here: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/
Overall, traking a few things, collecting the data, and correcting for error, will make all the difference on your website & ultimately your business.